Notice of Resident Option to Request
Initial Inspection of the Rental Unit
- You are hereby notified that you have the legal right to request an initial inspection of you unit, and you have the right to be present during that inspection.
- Upon your request, the Owner/Agent will make an initial inspection of your unit at a reasonable time, but no earlier than two weeks before the termination of the tenancy or the end of the lease date.
- The purpose of this inspection is to allow you the opportunity to correct any deficiencies in the unit in order to avoid deductions from the security deposit.
- You may not make any repairs that are prohibited by the rental agreement or lease.
- After the initial inspection, the Owner/Agent will provide you with an Itemized Statement specifying the repairs or cleaning that will be the basis for any deductions to the security deposit. This will not be a final accounting of deductions from the security deposit.
- You may make the corrections (that are not prohibited by the rental agreement or by law) during the period following the inspection through the termination of the tenancy in order to avoid deductions from the security deposit.
- You have the right to be present during the inspection, however, the inspection may take place in your absence with your consent.
- No later than three weeks (21 days) after Owner/Agent has regained possession of the premises, Owner/Agent will provide you with an itemized disposition of security deposit, indicating the basis for, and the amount of, any security deposit received and the disposition of the security, and Owner/Agent will return any remaining portion of the security deposit to you.